The practice is committed to both eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce and in relation to our patients and service users.
The Practice and its staff will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential to meet practice and personal needs.
The practice will:
- create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of staff are recognised and valued.
- ensure that every employee has a working environment that promotes dignity and respect
- ensure that no form of intimidation, bullying or harassment is tolerated
- provide training, development and progression opportunities to all staff
- promote equality in the workplace as good management practice
- review all employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness
- regard breaches of the equality policy misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings
- review the policy annually.